[vtkusers] Re: vtkCutter with quad hexes in v4.2

ursula.goette at philips.com ursula.goette at philips.com
Wed Aug 4 07:25:38 EDT 2004

Dear James, (dear all)

I do have exactly the same problem with quad hexahedrons and the
vtkCutter as you have. I do pretty much the same but it does not work
either. I also tried using the quad tetrahedrons - in this case with the
vtkProbeFilter - but this does not work either. I am also still on version 4.2.

Some time ago I also asked the vtkusers if these problems will be fixed
with the newest version (5.0 release is planned for the end of August 04
as far as I know) but I never got an answer.

I do have the very bad feeling that the quad elements have not been tested
on all filters available in vtk.

I am sorry that I do not have any better news and that I cannot help you
but maybe it's necessary to keep posting the same questions until someone
reacts ?!

Kind regards,
Ursula Götte