[vtkusers] VTK feature request -- an actor's renderers

William R Sherman wsherman at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 28 13:15:54 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've recently been working on a tool where I would like to traverse the
visualization pipeline, including nodes on the graphics side of things.
And, given any node in the pipeline, I can just about reach all the
other nodes in the pipeline -- with one exception.  I can't figure out
how to determine what vtkRenderers a vtkActor has been assigned to.

It is possible to get a list of actors assigned to a renderer, and in
just about every other case, move either direction in the pipeline,
and I would like to be able to move in the actor to renderer direction.

Perhaps it's already doable, but I couldn't find a function to do it.
If it isn't doable, I'd like to request this as a new feature in the 4.x
line of VTK.

	Thank you,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman
VR Impresario & co-author of "Understanding Virtual Reality"
wsherman at ncsa.uiuc.edu