[vtkusers] Interacting with visualisation pipeline execution - MessageBox

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 28 04:51:36 EDT 2004

Hello John,

In my naivety, I displayed a MessageBox during the Execute() method of a filter I was modifying. As the MessageBox is dragged, the render window receives paint messages and presumably responds by trying to execute the pipeline.

Thats were you're wrong.

MessageBox Window Class has CS_SAVEBITS style, which means :

"Saves, as a bitmap, the portion of the screen image obscured by a window of this class. When the window is removed, the system uses the saved bitmap to restore the screen image, including other windows that were obscured. Therefore, the system does not send WM_PAINT messages to windows that were obscured if the memory used by the bitmap has not been discarded and if other screen actions have not invalidated the stored image.

This style is useful for small windows (for example, menus or dialog boxes) that are displayed briefly and then removed before other screen activity takes place. This style increases the time required to display the window, because the system must first allocate memory to store the bitmap."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windowclasses/aboutwindow.asp?frame=true#class_styles

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail