[vtkusers] cell subset filter?

Tim Tautges tjtautg at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 27 18:20:06 EDT 2004

That's a good idea, I'll probably do that.

Anybody at Kitware want to comment on getting that into VTK proper at
some point?  Seems like a conspicuously missing piece of functionality,
but maybe just for me...

- tim

lee ann fisk wrote:
>>That would do fine, if I were using paraview (I've gone to using vtk
>>underneath qt).  If vtkExtractUserDefinedPiece were in vtk, it would
>>suffice, though it would be even easier if I could specify a list of
>>cell ids, rather than a function which returned whether a given id was
>>in the piece.
>>
>>Is there any hope in getting that class added to vtk proper sometime?
>>Or, if I were to copy that and make a more general subset filter out of
>>it, would there be any hope in getting that added to vtk?
>

> ParaView/Server/Filters/vtkExtractCells.[ch]* is a simpler way of
> extracting an arbitrary list of cells from an unstructured grid.
> If you build VTK from source, I think you can just copy it somewhere
> into your source tree and add it to your build.
>
> Lee Ann

             Tim Tautges            Sandia National Laboratories
         (tjtautg at sandia.gov)       (telecommuting from UW-Madison)
         phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
           fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706