[vtkusers] cell subset filter?

lee ann fisk lafisk at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 26 11:02:37 EDT 2004

> That would do fine, if I were using paraview (I've gone to using vtk
> underneath qt).  If vtkExtractUserDefinedPiece were in vtk, it would
> suffice, though it would be even easier if I could specify a list of
> cell ids, rather than a function which returned whether a given id was
> in the piece.
>
> Is there any hope in getting that class added to vtk proper sometime?
> Or, if I were to copy that and make a more general subset filter out of
> it, would there be any hope in getting that added to vtk?

ParaView/Server/Filters/vtkExtractCells.[ch]* is a simpler way of
extracting an arbitrary list of cells from an unstructured grid.
If you build VTK from source, I think you can just copy it somewhere
into your source tree and add it to your build.

Lee Ann

Lee Ann Fisk                                    Phone: 505-844-2059
Data Analysis and Visualization (9227)          FAX:   505-845-0833
Sandia National Labs, Mail Stop 0822       Email: lafisk at sandia.gov
Albuquerque, NM  87185-0822