[vtkusers] More on vtkStreamSTracer

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Tue Apr 27 08:05:40 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I have gotten a lot further with vtkStreamTracer (thanks to those who
contributed to my efforts). I am getting a the "unexpected value" error
sometimes and the streamtube I generate stops abruptly along its path. What
is interesting is if I use a point (roughly) placed at the stop off point as
a start point for a new streamtracer, then it generally creates a tube that
exits the domain normally (reason for termination = OUT_OF_DOMAIN ). The
question is, what generally causes an unexpected value error?

In the same vein, I get a NULL pointer when my start point is in an area of
very low activity. Is this because the speed of flow at that point is below
the terminal speed (or is it a combination of error magnitude, terminal
speed and initial/minimum step length?)

Any thanks,

Jim

______________________