[vtkusers] cell subset filter?

Tim Tautges tjtautg at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 23 16:39:32 EDT 2004

That would do fine, if I were using paraview (I've gone to using vtk
underneath qt).  If vtkExtractUserDefinedPiece were in vtk, it would
suffice, though it would be even easier if I could specify a list of
cell ids, rather than a function which returned whether a given id was
in the piece.

Is there any hope in getting that class added to vtk proper sometime?
Or, if I were to copy that and make a more general subset filter out of
it, would there be any hope in getting that added to vtk?

- tim

David C. Thompson wrote:
>>   Is there some type of filter (or some other method to accomplish
>>this) which takes as input an unstructured grid and outputs a subset of
>>that, such that the cells aren't actually copied but just referenced?
>>The closest I've found is vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid, but that allows
>>you to define only one contiguous range of cell ids, whereas I'd like to
>>define an arbitrary list of ids.
>

> Is ParaView/Server/Filters/vtkExtractUserDefinedPiece.h what you're
> looking for?
>
> 	David

              Tim Tautges            Sandia National Laboratories
          (tjtautg at sandia.gov)       (telecommuting from UW-Madison)
          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.
            fax: (608) 263-4499      Madison, WI 53706-1609