[vtkusers] VTKPanel xlib Error

Chris Hood Chris.Hood at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 23 15:34:40 EDT 2004

   I get the following error when I try to capture an image from a vtkPanel:

Xlib: sequence lost (0x10b24 > 0xb24) in reply type 0x6!
   or
Xlib: unexpected async reply sequence 0xb3d)!

   My program become useless after that error. It doesn't matter which
filetype writer I use. This problem only happens when I'm running it on a
SGI/Irix system and possibly any Unix based system. There is no problem in
windows. I've used a test program to capture an image from a renderWindow
(without the vtkPanel) with no program on the SGI system. The system is
running Java 1.4 and VTK 4.2.3. Does anyone have any idea what's causing
this error or how to get around it?
   Also is there any documentation for the vtkPanel?

Here's the section of code I use to write the image.
       vtkWindowToImageFilter winToImage = new vtkWindowToImageFilter();
       winToImage.SetInput(renPanel.GetRenderWindow());
       vtkJPEGWriter jpegWriter = new vtkJPEGWriter();
       jpegWriter.SetInput(winToImage.GetOutput());
       jpegWriter.SetFileName(fileName);
       jpegWriter.Write();

Chris Hood
Graduate Student Research Assistant