[vtkusers] no window interaction on Mac OSX

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 23 14:37:15 EDT 2004

Peter Stevenson wrote:
> I have the Apple X11 package installed and (I thought) the SDK as well.
> I'll check that out, because yes it may be a problem between Apple X11
> and Fink xfree86.
> Here is the output from the fink install of vtk-py23 anyway:-

Yes, this is what happens if either the Apple X11 packages are not both
completely installed or there is some mixture with an older Fink xfree86
package. You should

- make sure that you have *no* Fink xfree86 package installed. Control
it with "dpkg -l \*xfree86\*". Remove anything you find listed there.

- remove /usr/X11R6 and /etc/X11 and reinstall both Apple X11 packages

This has helped others that were in this situation. If you then still
have problems, we can perhaps sort this out in private if you wish.

--
Martin