[vtkusers] How to get the visible face?

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 18:31:11 EDT 2004

Hi Larry,
   you could traverse all cells, get or calculate a cell normal and use dot
product with camera vector. To handle occlusion would be more tricky...
  Dave P

|         |           "Larry"          |
|         |           <larry74 at 163.com>|
|         |           vtkusers-admin at vt|
|         |           k.org            |
|         |           23/04/2004 02:10 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       <vtkusers at vtk.org>                                                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [vtkusers] How to get the visible face?                                                                        |

Hello, everyone!
Suppose I have a polydata, which is consisted of triangles, I'd like to get
the faces which can be seen by the camera.
That's to say, there is a point M, and an object whose faces is a set of
triangles, How can I get the faces that can be seen by the point M? and how
can I get the faces that is not seen by the point M?

Thanks!
Larry
_