[vtkusers] colormap texture

Cristian Luciano clucia1 at uic.edu
Wed Apr 21 17:55:07 EDT 2004

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your reply, but what I need is to create a colormap texture using a lookup table.
This is my source code. It's a method of a class, so the variables not declared are members of that class.
inputData is a bidimensional matrix with certain float values between 35.0 and 37.0.

The problem is that the texture is not applied to the vtkPlaneSource. If I specify a regular bitmap texture (loaded with vtkImageReader2), it works fine.

Thanks.

Cristian

void createColormapTexture(vtkStructuredPoints *inputData)
{
  // compute max and min
  float range[2];
  inputData->GetScalarRange(range);

  // lookup table
  vtkLookupTable *lut = vtkLookupTable::New();
  lut->SetHueRange (0.66667, 0);
  lut->SetNumberOfTableValues(256);
  lut->SetSaturationRange( 1, 1);
  lut->SetValueRange( 1, 1);
  lut->SetTableRange( range[0], range[1]);
  lut->SetVectorComponent( 0);
  lut->Build();

  vtkImageMapToColors *colormap = vtkImageMapToColors::New();
  colormap->SetInput(inputData);
  colormap->SetLookupTable(lut);

  vtkTexture *atext = vtkTexture::New();
  atext->SetInput(colormap->GetOutput());
  atext->InterpolateOff();

  vtkPlaneSource *plane = vtkPlaneSource::New();
  plane->SetPoint1(Xres,0,0);
  plane->SetPoint2(0,Yres,0);

  vtkPolyDataMapper *planeMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
  planeMapper->SetInput(plane->GetOutput());

  vtkActor *planeActor = vtkActor::New();
  planeActor->SetMapper(planeMapper);
  planeActor->SetTexture(atext);

  ren->AddActor(planeActor);