[vtkusers] Render Speed (I know.. asked by many already..!)

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Apr 19 22:31:23 EDT 2004

Hello Ted,

First - a couple of questions:

1) How big is your image?

2) Are you measuring the render time just the first time the pipeline
executes (which is usually slower than subsequent renders)?

Your graphics card should be fine - but you may have too big an image (if
you have a 1024x1024 image that you are rendering into a 256x256 window,
for example, then you can first subsample the image for improved
performance).

Also - you are using a vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow - it is the concrete
class created when you create a vtkRenderWindow (assuming you are on
Windows and not using Mesa).

Lisa