[vtkusers] Removing a cell from a cell

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 15 17:52:39 EDT 2004

Not really clear what the question is... but is vtkImplicitSelectionLoop
any use?
   Dave P

                      jarv0075
                      <jarv0075 at umn.edu        To:       vtkusers at vtk.org
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [vtkusers] Removing a cell from a cell
                      vtkusers-admin at vt
                      k.org

                      15/04/2004 07:37

This one seems like it should also be very straightforward but searching
the archives hasn't produced anything yet...

The question is, how do I remove the area of one cell, from the area of
another?  I.e., I can't just 'delete' the cell which is the filled in hole,
because the underlying region (the area which contains the hole' is
generated with the hole automatically filled in.

Everything I've searched for (using any number of terms) has come up with
using a plane/sphere/etc to clip my data, which in this case isn't going to
work.  I'm sure there's a nice easy way to do it, but it's a case of how do
I find it if I don't know what I'm looking for?

Thank you again