[vtkusers] Using vtkImageReader the outline is shifted from the data

Mulhearn James F NPRI MulhearnJF at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Tue Apr 13 14:12:05 EDT 2004

Using "reader" as an instance of vtkImageReader, I'm setting a VOI with reader.SetDataVOI(x1, x2,0,ymaxExtent,0,zmaxExtent) to view a volume from x1 to x2. With an Outlinefilter, I use SetInput(reader.GetOutput())to create an outline for the data -- the outline displays appropriately from only x1 to x2.  However, the corresponding volumetric data appears at 0 and NOT at x1. Evidently the data is being shifted to the world origin. The input to the RayCastMapper for the volume is set using the RayCastMapper function SetInput(reader.GetOutput()). The outlinefilter and the mapper get the same input-- reader.GetOutput()-- yet the volume display appears offset from the outline. A printout of the extent of the volume indicates it extends from x1,x2,0,ymaxExtent,0,zmaxExtent.