[vtkusers] Need a free program to edit .vtk files

Jonathan Bailleul Jonathan.Bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr
Tue Apr 6 08:32:29 EDT 2004

Adalberto Castelo wrote:

> Have you tried Wings 3D (http://www.wings3d.com)? I haven't tried it with VTK
> generated data, but a quick check tells me that VTK has a wavefront exporter
> and that's one of the formats supported by Wings 3D.
>
> There's a prebuilt version for Linux, and the source code is available (it
> builds with no hassles in Linux, haven't tried any other unices).
>
> Adalberto

Thanks for the advice!
In the meantime, I managed to write minimalist filters to .off format
(close to vtk), that a windows application can change to blender format.
This program is called 3d Object Converter, if it can help anybody.
Maybe someone might write more import/export filters one day!

Best Regards,