[vtkusers] vtkVolumeReader

Vetria Byrd byrdv at cis.uab.edu
Mon Apr 5 12:47:30 EDT 2004

I have manually created data files that consists of zero's and one's (no
header info) to resemble a (5x5x5) 3D cube.

There are 5 data files.  When I try to use vtkVolumeReader I get the
following error message:

error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'class vtkObject *' to
'class vtkVolumeReader *'

        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

This is where the error occurs:

:

:

  vtkVolumeReader *volReader = vtkVolumeReader::New();

    volReader->SetImageRange (1,5);

    volReader->SetFilePrefix (argv[1]);

    volReader->SetDataSpacing (1,1,1);

    volReader->Update();