[vtkusers] triangle mesh visualization

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Apr 5 11:29:19 EDT 2004

Julien,

Use two actors:

   extract = vtk.vtkExtractEdges()
   extract.SetInput(foo.GetOutput())

   aTetraMapper = vtk.vtkDataSetMapper()
   aTetraMapper.SetInput (extract.GetOutput())
   aTetraMapper.ScalarVisibilityOff ()
   aTetraMapper.SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToPolygonOffset()

   aTetraMapper2 = vtk.vtkDataSetMapper()
   aTetraMapper2.SetInput (foo.GetOutput())
   aTetraMapper2.ScalarVisibilityOff ()

   aTetraActor = vtk.vtkActor();
   aTetraActor.SetMapper (aTetraMapper)

   aTetraActor2 = vtk.vtkActor();
   aTetraActor2.SetMapper (aTetraMapper2)

ScalarVisibilityOff is usefull if you want to control the contrast
edge/surface more than the actual scalar value.
SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToPolygonOffset to avoid the dashed lines.

HTH
Mathieu