[vtkusers] vtk, Python and C/C++

Yi-Yu Chou chouyiyu at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:11:24 EDT 2003

Thanks for your information Tutu.
Now I have a new problem !!!

The structure of my code is as below :
         ------------         ----------        ----------
         |              |        |            |        |           |
         |  Python  |  <-->| wrapper| <--> |   vtk    |
         |   (GUI)    |        |            |        |           |
         |              |        -----------        ----------
         ------------                                     |
                ^                                            | ??
                |                ----------          ----------
                |                |            |         |   My    |
                ------------>| wrapper|  <--->|   C++   |
                                 |            |         |           |

I use python to do the GUI and use vtkImageData to
display the image. Now I want to write my C++ class
to do image processing. My question is how to commnuicate
between python and my c++ class just using a pointer ( or
other simple ways) not passing the whole 3D array and other
image information.
Or is it possible to communicate directly between vtk and my C++
class ?