[vtkusers] Problem using Cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 26 10:44:21 EDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Radhika Sivaramakrishna wrote:

> Cmakesetup and identified src and bin directories. It was able to find
> vtk automatically. However, it keeps saying the following:
>
> CMake Error: VTK was built using
> "c:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/Common/MSDev98/Bin/msdev.com, but Step1 is using
> "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~5/COMMON/MSDEV98/BIN/MSDEV.COM. The build will fail.
> Try selecting a different CMake Generator.

This looks like a bug in CMake exposed by your MSDEV being installed
slightly differently from the one on the machine where the VTK binaries
were built.  You can probably work-around it by finding
vtk42/lib/vtk/VTKBuildSettings.cmake.  Change the "msdev.com"  portion of
the last line to "MSDEV.COM".  Then try re-running CMake on Step1.

Please let me know if this works so I can fix the CMake bug for the next
patch release.  By the way, what version are you using?

> I encountered almost the same problem (with a couple of additional
> problems) when trying to use CMake on the Segmentation Editor under
> InsightApplications in ITK (ITK is already installed on my system).

Please post this question to the insight-users list and give more details.
Thanks.

-Brad