[vtkusers] Problem using Cmake

Radhika Sivaramakrishna radshashi at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 19:27:38 EDT 2003

Hi there,
I am having multiple problems using Cmake. Could someone help me.
I already have installed the precompiled Binaries on my computer.
I then tried to create the workspace for VC ++ for the cone example, by copying the .cxx file and the associated CMakeLists.txt to a different directory. I ran
Cmakesetup and identified src and bin directories. It was able to find vtk automatically.
However, it keeps saying the following:

CMake Error: VTK was built using
"c:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/Common/MSDev98/Bin/msdev.com, but Step1 is using
"C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~5/COMMON/MSDEV98/BIN/MSDEV.COM. The build will fail. Try selecting a different CMake Generator.

I encountered almost the same problem (with a couple of additional problems) when trying to use CMake on the Segmentation Editor under InsightApplications in ITK (ITK is already installed on my system).

Can someone help me figure out what is going on?
Thanks
Radhika