[vtkusers] VTK + Windows -> Commerical App - Feasibility ??

Ketan Mehta ketan.mehta at wipro.com
Thu Sep 25 01:59:57 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I have read various docs and seen codes about VTK. Now I am
having doubt regarding commercial quality app development with
VTK. I will put some of my points, if anyone can provide more
information / clarification then it will be great.

1) There seems to be much over head with memory usage.
2) Speed seems to be slower.. same sort of 3D / 2D app with native
	windows will be little faster than vtk based.
3) MicroCT - App from GE is VTK+Windows and works too slowly!!
4) Not many people have used vtk directly for complete apps. It
	has to be modified to great extent..

Apart from this if there are any other input, please share it.

I am planning to compare vtk with others for real world app
feasibility. ( Medical field )

Thanks & Regards
Ketan

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.