[vtkusers] Suggestions for implementing this new approach ?

tutu lamotte tutulamotte at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 15:54:04 EDT 2003

<< About the problem we have where our application
takes way too much memory to display lots of small
datasets. >>

Another solution to our problem would be to create one
big dataset to which all small datasets are appended.
The original small dataset would then be deleted.
Then instead of having many small dataset connected to
one mapper, we would have a single dataset associated
to the one mapper.
To do that we tried vtkAppendPolyData but its way too
slow.
Any suggestion on how to easily create a filter that
would merge vtkPolyData instances into one..