[vtkusers] Help Linking Cone Example

Ketan Mehta ketan.mehta at wipro.com
Mon Sep 15 08:08:32 EDT 2003

Hi Paulo,

You need to include all required include path's and dll's in the
Project -> Setting : C/C++ Tab -> Project Options and
                   : Link -> Project Options.

It is cumbersome.

So better download the Cmake from kitware.com and after installation
execute cmake. It will create required dsw file from which it will be
straight foreward.

bye
ketan

> Paulo Trigueiros wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I new to vtk and I'm trying to run the first example of the book (cone.cxx).
> I'm using Visual C++ .NET.
> First I create a new project, insert the file that came with the tutorials and try to
> compile the example.
> The compilation works fine
> (I defined in the project options the libraries that the project should included:
> vtkCommon.lib
> vtkFiltering.lib
> vtkGraphics.lib
> vtkHybrid.lib
> vtkImaging.lib
> vtkIO.lib
> vtkRendering.lib
> glaux.lib
> opengl32.lib
> are these correct?????
> The problem arrises when I try to run the project. I get the following message:
>
> "An exception 'System.TypeLoadException' has ocurred in Cone.exe"
> "Do you want to debug?"
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> Thanks in advance.
> Paulo Trigueiros