[vtkusers] RedHat 9.2 gcc 3.2.2 compiling error with VTK 4.2

valdo meyer valdo13 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 07:14:46 EDT 2003

Hello,
when compiling my program I get the following errors. Probably this has been
already fixed but I did not manage to retrieve anything about it in the
archive so please help. I have the stable (not a nightly) release of VTK
4.2.

First error (easily fixed by forcing the type but should go without it):

  vtkMarchingCubes *extractor;
  vtkStructuredPointsReader *reader;
  [...]
  this->extractor->SetInput((vtkImageData *)this->reader->GetOutput());

visVtkQtMarchingCubes.cxx:34: no corresponding function for:
  vtkMarchingCubes::SetInput(vtkStructuredPoints*)
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkStructuredPointsToPolyDataFilter.h:43: candidates
are:
  virtual void vtkStructuredPointsToPolyDataFilter::SetInput(vtkImageData*)

Second error (have not managed to fix it up to now):

  vtkActor *actor;
  float Color[3];
  [...]
  this->actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(this->Color);

visVtkQtMarchingCubes.cxx:47: invalid use of indefined type «struct
vtkProperty»
/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkActor.h:42: forward declaration of «struct
vtkProperty»

Valdo.