[vtkusers] faulty extra x,y,z slices in cube at 0,0,0

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Wed Sep 3 02:38:33 EDT 2003

Hi,
When I present a vtkImageData as a cube with a vtkDataSetMapper something strange happens. I get an extra x,y and z slice at 0,0,0. So my data appears to start at 1,1,1 then.

The vtkImageData seems to be okay, when I check it with "imageData->GetPointData()->GetScalars()->GetTuple(i)" then the first value I read is indeed the value I expect.

Right before and after this next piece of code the vtkImageData is still okay, the first value is what I expect. But when I display it as a cube that first value appears at 1,1,1 instead at 0,0,0 and the slices at x=0,y=0 and z=0 contain random numbers. (actually, the entire z-slices contains this initial value)

----------------------
vtkDataSetMapper *mapper = vtkDataSetMapper::New();
mapper->SetInput(this->itsImageData);
actorImageCube->SetMapper(mapper);
Win->AddActor(actorImageCube);
mapper->Delete();

Nico Vermaas
ASTRON - Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope
Schattenberg 1 - 9433 TA Zwiggelte - The Netherlands

tel: +31 593 598710
vermaas at astron.nl