[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer2::Render

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Sep 1 07:45:26 EDT 2003

Hi all,

	I am using vtkImageViewer2, but I find something a bit annoying.
In vtkImageViewer2::Render, line 256, there is this code:

256:     this->Renderer->GetActiveCamera()->ParallelProjectionOn();

	as a result if you zoom or pan with the mouse and *then* play with
windowlevel event, you loose your zooming and panning.

	Furthermore there doesn't seems to be such code in
vtkImageViewer::Render. Is there any reason why it is there ? Otherwise
could someone just remove it, thanks.

	Here is a sample python code that reproduce the problem:

################################
#Play first with the middle or right button
#then play with the left button
import vtk
from vtk.util.misc import vtkGetDataRoot
VTK_DATA_ROOT = vtkGetDataRoot()

reader = vtk.vtkPNGReader ()
reader.SetDataSpacing (0.8, 0.8, 1.5)
reader.SetFileName ( VTK_DATA_ROOT + "/Data/fullhead15.png")

iren = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
viewer = vtk.vtkImageViewer2()
viewer.SetInput ( reader.GetOutput() )
viewer.SetupInteractor (iren)