[vtkusers] vtkStreamTracer->SetInput( vtkPlaneSource->GetOutput() ) -->error

joseph mccoy j.mccoy at gmx.de
Thu Oct 30 06:35:06 EST 2003

Hello All,

maybe this question is very stupid and also had been answered before a hundret times, but i don't seem to be able to find an answer! Maybe someone could help me. Here is my problem:

with vtk4.0 i feeded a vtkStreamer with a vtkPlaneSource via ->SetSource(plane->GetOutput() ). ´that worked fine. now i wanted to port the concept to vtk4.23 using vtkStreamTracer and i learned that StreamTracer needs a dataSet as input, but planeSource produces polyData.

Does anybody know how to convert a polyData into a DataSet? or how i could use a plane as Input for the StreamTracer?

Thanks

Joseph