[vtkusers] VTK+Java Crash while rendering

Shyam Prakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Tue Oct 28 00:00:36 EST 2003

Hi,
            I have been facing this problem for quite some time. I am
developing an application using vtk 4.2.2 and jdk 1.4.1_02 on windows.
The tool crashes some time with the following error message. However
this crash is not reproducible. This always happens in the JVM generated
paint() method call. Is there a workaround to stop this crash?

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x27123331
Function=vtkFileOutputWindow::NewInstance+0x1A906
Library=C:\WINNT\System32\vtkCommon.dll

Current Java thread:
            at vtk.vtkRenderWindow.Render_6(Native Method)
            at vtk.vtkRenderWindow.Render(vtkRenderWindow.java:36)
            at vtk.vtkPanel.Render(vtkPanel.java:137)
            - locked <056CA5D8> (a com.gui.Viewer)
            at vtk.vtkPanel.paint(vtkPanel.java:151)
            at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)
            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

Thanks and Regards
Shyam