[vtkusers] A bit of a volume

Benjamin King king.benjamin at mh-hannover.de
Fri Oct 24 07:00:34 EDT 2003

Hello Jose,

if you are already using the vtkBoxWidget to crop the volume, you can use
that program and just modify the cropping region flags of your volume
mapper. There are some predefined ways to crop a volume (subvolume, fence,
cross, etc.), maybe one of these already does what you want. Just have a
look at the vtkVolumeMapper documentation. You can even define your own
configuration: The six cropping planes subdivide the image space in 27
regions and for each region, you can decide if it should be included or not
by setting a boolean value in a 27 bit field. The documentation for
vtkVolumeMapper::SetCroppingRegionsFlags(int) specifies which bit
corresponds to which region.

The vtkBoxWidget::SetInsideOut(int) specifies if the handles point in-or
outward, so that doesn't have any effect on the cropping.

cheers,
  Benjamin

> Hello:
> Some days ago I posted a question about any way to take a bit of a volume
> and see the rest with Ray Cast (without cropping), but none answer, is
> there a solution?.
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> CPS.Universidad de Zaragoza. (Spain)
> Jose Luis Pina Martinez