[vtkusers] Bug/Error report

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Oct 16 06:14:52 EDT 2003

de Boer Ingo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to report a bug. I have written a small sample which
> shows a plate which was build from some quads.
> Additionaly, I inserted 2 polygon elements (each 2 points).
> You can toggle the #define _WORKING_EXAMPLE_
> Then you will have one version where the 2 polygon elements
> are inside a list of quads. This version does not work on
> ATI Radeon Catalyst 3.7 and higher. It works on ATI Radeon
> Catalyst 3.5! The other version first adds the quads and
> then the 2er elements. This version works with all
> ATI Radeon Catalyst drivers. I don't know if it is an ATI
> or VTK problem.

Ingo,

	I played with your sample, and I can't report anything bad. (with
either nvidia closed source driver or mesa 5.02).

	As I already told you, when you proceed in two step:
- First generate the polydata you want, then save it
- Two, re-open the file and display it.

	You'll see that the error you mention is not the faulty one. The
polydata file should be ok, and try maybe to load through ParaView /
MayaVi while switching texture to off (if possible).

HTH
mathieu