[vtkusers] green and red not mixing to make yellow, in raycastmapper???

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Oct 15 06:47:44 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been following the discussion on the VTK list about ray casting
and blending,
I am a novice so please bear with me....

I think I am experiencing this problem with VTK,
attached is a screen capture from MayaVi (VTK python frontend)
where I have loaded 2 data sets of a 3D volume of the same living cell
taken by confocal microscopy.
These are 2 different fluorescence channels, which I represent as green
and red.
(They are really from 2 grayscale tiff stacks)
Using the VTK raycastmapper with the compositefunction I expected to
see yellow where there is signal in both the red and green channels (we
call this colocalisation). same happens with the MIPfunction

But as you can see in the attached jpg I either get red or green only.
In the blobs (matrix vesicles) around the edge of the cell there should
be some yellow visible.
You can see there are some blobs with green outer and red inner.....

Is this the same problem that you guys are talking about?

cheers

Dan