[vtkusers] help:vtk + Performer!

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 14 09:56:25 EDT 2003

susan wrote:
> hi,all
>   I am ding a project with platform of Performer(SGI) using some classes and functions of vtk.Due to the need of application ,I encapsulate some Performer classes,when project is complied ,errors occur:error C2872:\'streambuf\':ambiguous symbol in addition to \'ostream\' and \'ios\'.when I use Performer classes without encapsulation ,no error occured.
>   that is to say ,how I can solve conflicition when other independent system(such as vtk) in the developing platform(such as Performer).
> eager for your apply and thanks for any advice!

I guess you are using 'using namespace std;' somewhere in your code.
Which you shouldn't. Always specify std::strinf, std::cout and please read:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq03.010.htp

I guess also you can solve this, in changing the order of certain
#include header file...not sure...

HTH
mathieu