[vtkusers] Error.. Why??? TIFF stack vtkImageLuminance 4 components not 3???

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Mon Oct 13 11:25:30 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I get  error below  using a python script to convert a tiff stack into
a .vtk file.
I assume the 3 components bust be red green and blue channels, right?
My tiff images are greyscale 8 bit.

Where is this 4 th channel coming from?
There is no alpha channel in these images as far as I know, when I open
them in the gimp
there is only 1 channel .They are greyscale......

[daniel:~/Desktop/volumerender] dan% python2.3 tiffstack2vtk.py
tiffseries/tiffseriestest
ERROR: In /Applications/vtksources/VTK/Imaging/vtkImageLuminance.cxx,
line 85
vtkImageLuminance (0x1413040): Execute: input must have 3 components,
but has 4

I'm confused.... anyone know the answer?

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology
Department of biological and environmental science
PO Box  35
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä FIN 40014
Finland