[vtkusers] Re: Writing multiple fields with vtkWriter

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Oct 10 23:49:45 EDT 2003

    JC> The multifield bug/problem I've run into seems to be in the
    JC> vtkDataReader, not the writer as I originally posted. Maybe
    JC> it's just operator error, but there does not appear to be a
    JC> way to get a vtkDataReader to read in more than one data
[snip]
    JC> Am I correct about this or totally out to lunch (again)?

AFAIK, the older VTK readers don't allow you to read all the
attributes in one go but as you notice you can read them in one at a
time.  If you want to simply convert your data files to binary I
recommend using the newer XML format and using the vtk2xml.py script
thats in Utilities.  It does not handle field data but reads all other
attributes from your older data and writes an out an appropriate xml
file.

HTH
cheers,
prabhu