[vtkusers] Time - varying vector field

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Oct 10 09:33:38 EDT 2003

I understand your pain and don't worry help is coming :-)
We have plans to add time support to at least the XML readers.
We have already started prototyping ideas in ParaView.
Currently, time is partially supported in ParaView's
"pvd" file format. This consists of an XML based meta-file
pointing to regular VTK data files. The readers has methods
for selecting datasets based on a list of attributes (for example,
time) specified in the meta-file. It is also possible to
suppport things like multi-block and AMR datasets in this
format. We have more work to do before this can be put in
VTK.

-Berk