[vtkusers] Time - varying vector field

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Oct 9 10:45:56 EDT 2003

Currently, VTK has no direct support for time dependent fields.
The pipeline does not recognize time as a fourth dimension.
There are no filters to compute particle traces or streaklines
in unsteady fields. You have to write your own filters to
handle time dependence. The streamtracer filter was written
with time in mind, however. It is possible to modify it to
handle time and integrate particle traces. Streaklines can
then be generated using the particle integrator.

-Berk