[vtkusers] vtkSTLWriter ,wat is .vtk format?

Shyam Prakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Thu Oct 9 06:03:52 EDT 2003

Follow this link
http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

--Shyam

-----Original Message-----
From: vtkusers-admin at vtk.org [mailto:vtkusers-admin at vtk.org] On Behalf
Of V, Sowjanya (CORP, GEITC, Intern)
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 3:20 PM
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: [vtkusers] vtkSTLWriter ,wat is .vtk format?

Hi,

I wanna use vtkSTLWriter , I tested the following tcl example
"VTK/IO/Testing/Tcl/TestPolygonWriters.tcl"
But this program tkaes  .vtk file , "VTKData/Data/brainImageSmooth.vtk"
and writing it in .stl file.
I want to know wat is this .vtk file format?
I am able to get the output in .stl format for this program.

now i need to read the image data and then i need to write it in .stl
format using vtkSTLWriter.
If anybody knows about this plz let me know.

Thankyou,
Regards,

Sowjanya.v