[vtkusers] vtkSTLWriter ,wat is .vtk format?

V, Sowjanya (CORP, GEITC, Intern) sowjanya.v at ge.com
Thu Oct 9 05:49:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

I wanna use vtkSTLWriter , I tested the following tcl example "VTK/IO/Testing/Tcl/TestPolygonWriters.tcl"
But this program tkaes  .vtk file , "VTKData/Data/brainImageSmooth.vtk" and writing it in .stl file.
I want to know wat is this .vtk file format?
I am able to get the output in .stl format for this program.

now i need to read the image data and then i need to write it in .stl format using vtkSTLWriter.
If anybody knows about this plz let me know.

Thankyou,
Regards,

Sowjanya.v