[vtkusers] Coincident point identification

Steve Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 8 15:46:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

Can somebody suggest a fast way to find 3D points that are coincident
(or within some tolerance of being coincident)?

I need to "fix" an vtkUnstructuredGrid mesh where neighbouring cells
have points that should be shared, but are currently duplicated.  I want
to remove the duplicate points and re-set the connectivity of the cells
appropriately.

I've been trying to use vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid with ->MergingOn(),
but have been having problems with incorrect cell connectivity on the
output.

Regards,

Steve

--
Steven Boyd

PhD, PEng
Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

tel. 1.403.220.4173  fax. 1.403.282.8406  skboyd at ucalgary.ca