[vtkusers] How to block the view in 2D only ?

Christophe Franco cfranco at amsatec.fr
Wed Oct 8 03:16:51 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm using VTK on a project where I have to build 3D and 2D views. I do
not know VTK very well, since I'm new on this project and the people who
made the software are not here any more.

I've got a quite annoying problem with 2D views, that have been build
simply as 3D views with everything on a plane at Z=0. Nothing has been
done to prevent the user to manipulate the view as if it was 3D (and in
fact, it is 3D). I am looking to a way to limit the actions of the user
to moving the view in its plane (keeping it parallel with the viewport),
and zooming.

Is there an easy way to do so ? I've looked in the doc for the class
vtkCamera, but didn't find much information about what I want to do.

Thank you in advance,

Christophe Franco