[vtkusers] vtkExtractEdge filter problem

Amit Joshi amit3 at cs.umbc.edu
Fri Oct 3 11:12:39 EDT 2003

I have a question about vtkExtractEdges filter. I am trying to use it over a graph visualization application. What I observe is, pointIds used in the Output of vtkExtractEdges are not the same as they appear in the input. The output is basically a CellArray containing the array of edges detected. But the point-Ids used in that output CellArray are different from the ones used in the input DataSet (vtkPolyData)
I guess, the behaviour could be explained with the way pointlocator works in the ExtractEdges filter

I would appreciate if anybody can throw some light on this issue...

thanks
Amit