[vtkusers] Using VTK in Borland Builder

Johnson ajar_johnson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 21:24:30 EDT 2003

Hi ,
Iam new to VTK and I have problem compiling and installing
VTKBorlandRenderingPkg.
I use Window XP (Home edition) Borland Builder version 6.0
I followed the instruction given in Readme.txt.

Iam supplying the details about the error message and warning i received
during the building of the component.

When I created the new package in step1 . I got the warning that the
package already exist and do u want to rewrite it and I ovwrwrite it.

Then I gave the path of the include folder and library folder

I also used the 'STRICT'option suggested

Then I added the units The three library files listed.
When they were added the following error message was thrown
"One or more lines were too long and truncated"
this error was throwed for all the three files.

After adding the library i compiled and it gave me 5 error
"Multiple declaration of SetWindowId"
"Multiple declaratino of setParentId"

Then i commented and i had one error

Linker error VTKCOMMON.LIB contains invalid OMF record type
0x21(possibly COFF)

Please do some give me suggestion what is to be done ragrding these
error. Please help me out.

Thank you.
Johnson Abraham