[vtkusers] newbie question on vtkDelaunay3d- writing out the mesh

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 1 13:24:24 EDT 2003

Ramesh R wrote:
> Hello,
>   Thanks for the quick response.
>
>  The file format of the UnstructuredGrid makes one have to first read upto
> the CELL_TYPES section, figure out the cell type of the n'th cell, then
> read back the n'th entry under CELLS and relate to it.
>
>  In other words if I want to extract the tets, I have to (after reading in
> the vertices) go to the CELL_TYPES section, check if the entry is a 10
> (for tet) and then read the corresponding entry under CELLS to get the
> connectivity info.
>
>  BTW do correct me if I'm wrong on the above.

I don't understant why you don't want to use vtkUnstructredGridReader ?

 >  Is there a simpler way to just write out a mesh?

What do you call a mesh ? a vtkUnstructuredGrid is a mesh...

There is a vtkContourGrid that takes vtkUnstructuredGrid as input and
vtkPolyData as output.

Or a pipeline like:
vtkUnstructuredGrid  -> vtkGeometryFilter -> vtkTriangleFilter ->
vtkPolyDataWriter

Thanks for giving more details,
mathieu