[vtkusers] generating surfaces from equation

Matthijs Sypkens Smit matthijs at mired.nl
Wed Nov 26 03:38:03 EST 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 03:36, prashant rathi wrote:

> Hi all,
> I wanted to know which datastructure to use in VTK to generate surface
> given a equation in x,y,z.
> for example,sphere in the simplest case.How to do this?

There is some example code which does about that at:
http://www.vtk.org/example-code.php

The first example uses a "Source" class that generates the sphere for you. The
second example is probably more suited since is allows the generation of any
surface through the use of an implicit function.

--
Matthijs