[vtkusers] VTK Data

Zhizhong Zhang yalang at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 22:06:30 EST 2003

Hi, my name is Mike and I just started using VTK and
just joined the mailing list. I have a question I hope
somebody can answer.

I wonder if there is document on the data sets. I
am using the data 'headsq', but I don't understand
the data. For example, why is it that I should set the
data dimension to 64x64?  When I read the examples,
I come across the vtkPiecewiseFunction where the
certain points (8 points) are set
tfun->AddPoint(70.0, 0.0);
	tfun->AddPoint(599.0, 0.0);
	tfun->AddPoint(600.0, 0.0);
	tfun->AddPoint(1195.0, 0.0);
	tfun->AddPoint(1200, .2);
	tfun->AddPoint(1300, .3);
	tfun->AddPoint(2000, .3);
	tfun->AddPoint(4095.0, 1.0);	 . Why are they set
in that way, etc. I suppose that its determined by the
dataset itself. But how do I find the information on
them, so that when I will be able to use other
datasets? I know my question may be naive, but I
searched the vtk site and I didn't find an answer.
Thank you!
Best,
Mike