[vtkusers] problem with compiling vtk

Yasheng Chen yasheng_chen at med.unc.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:06:22 EST 2003

Hi,

I got a link error when compile vtk4.2.1 on win2k with vc. It cannot
resolve three functions: vtkInstantiatorvtkPushPipelineNew,
vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageReaderNew and
vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageFilterSampleNew.
I can't even find them in the source directory, and I have also turned
a lot of "USE_VTK" stuff off. Does any one have ideas when may be
wrong ?

Thanks a lot !

Yasheng
-----------
The error messages:

Linking...
   Creating library c:\VTK-bin\bin\Debug/vtkHybrid.lib and object
c:\VTK-bin\bin\Debug/vtkHybrid.exp
vtkHybridInstantiator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "class vtkObject * __cdecl vtkInstantiatorvtkPushPipelineNew
(void)" (?vtkInstantiatorvtkPushPipelineNew@@YAPAVvtkObject@@XZ)
vtkHybridInstantiator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "class vtkObject * __cdecl vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageReaderNew
(void)" (?vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageReaderNew@@YAPAVvtkObject@@XZ)
vtkHybridInstantiator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "class vtkObject * __cdecl
vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageFilterSampleNew(void)" (?
vtkInstantiatorvtkPushImageFilterSampleNew@@YAPAVvtkObject@@XZ)
c:\VTK-bin\bin\Debug/vtkHybrid.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved
externals