[vtkusers] GtkGLExtVTKRenderWindowInteractor update

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Nov 11 21:44:47 EST 2003

[...]
    JH> I changed the line in OnRealize from:
    JH> self._RenderWindow.SetWindowInfo(win_id) to
    JH> self._RenderWindow.SetParentInfo(win_id)

    JH> Things now render correctly on OS X now! The render window
    JH> misses resize events for one reason or another, but at least
    JH> this is some progress. Reading through the mail list archives,
    JH> it looks like the wxwindows people used this fix for a while
    JH> also.

Yes, wxPython and the older pyGTK widgets used this hack in the past.
Check the revision history and you might see how the resize and other
events needed to be hacked as well.  We used to create a dummy widget
and use that as a parent i.e. use a GtkWindow or something like that,
Embed the glarea widget into that dummy widget and use SetParentInfo
on the glarea widget.  For events we needed to use the parent widget
instead of the glarea widget.

I have no clear reason why the hack worked, only hunches and
experimentation to go with.  However, I do not have the time to track
this down on OS X or do anything about it.

Good luck!

cheers,
prabhu