[vtkusers] Mapping NaN through a vtkLookupTable

Sidney Cadot cadot at science-and-technology.nl
Tue Nov 11 08:39:06 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have a 2D dataset containing floating point values that is converted
to RGB colors using a vtkLookupTable. However, the originating dataset
may contain NaN values where no measurements are available. Ideally, I
would like to be able to specify a special RGB color value for NaN
values.

Could someone explain if the behavior of the vtkLookupTable is
well-defined for NaN values? Currently, it seems to always be mapped to
the first RGB value in the table. Is this correct?

Furthermore, would anyone venture an opinion of whether this would be
useful enough to warrant a change to the vtkLookupTable implementation?
I'd be quite willing to have a go at this.

Best regards,

   Sidney Cadot
   Science and Technology Corp.
   The Netherlands