[vtkusers] RE: Labview and VTK

LJ van Ruijven, ACTA L.J.vanRuijven at amc.uva.nl
Mon Nov 10 02:48:36 EST 2003

Hello John,

I use the combination Labview and VTK allready several years, and I never had
a problem using VTK.

A problem VTK is that it consists of a series of classes, which all have a
number of methods. You cannot use a method from a class without providing an
instance of this class according to some strict protocol. Since Labview (I
worked with versions  4,5, and 6) has no explicit support for C++ classes, I
don't know how you can savely use them in Labview, and also I don't know how
I should pass these instances to the class methods.

I solved this problem by creating a series of C++ functions as an interface
between Labview and VTK. My Labview programs call these functions, and these
functions use the classes and methods in the VTK.

Leo van Ruijven.