[vtkusers] Unresolved Win32 link symbols

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Thu Nov 6 23:06:27 EST 2003

I just tried recompiling some code with a new cvs checkout of VTK. I
get several errors when linking:

cssvtk.lib(vtkOIVSource.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall
vtkSource::SetErrorCode(unsigned long)"
(?SetErrorCode at vtkSource@@MAEXK at Z)
cssvtk.lib(vtkOIVSource.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: virtual unsigned long __thiscall
vtkSource::GetErrorCode(void)" (?GetErrorCode at vtkSource@@UAEKXZ)
cssvtk.lib(vtkActorToIVTranslator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "protected: virtual class vtkObject * __thiscall
vtkObject::NewInstanceInternal(void)const "
(?NewInstanceInternal at vtkObject@@MBEPAV1 at XZ)

I haven't hooked all this code up with CMake yet... that attempt was
another Windows nightmare (works fine on other platforms though!) Do I
need to just grab an older CVS snapshot?

Chris
--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory